Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hello Proper

Hello everyone, I am finally here!

 Mum went to the hospital on Tuesday for something called an appointment, to talk to the doctor. Doctor Chissell was not very happy with Mum's tests and told her to go to a place called Maternity Day Care. I like the sound of that, it sounds like a nice place. Anyway, while she was there listening to my heart another doctor said it was probably a good idea to make me come out, something called 'induction'. So then she was sent over to the Delivery Suite and we had our own room, just Mum, Dad and me.

 We got there at 2pm.

Mum and Dad got kinda bored while they were there.

 They ended up playing I Spy, which sounds like a good game to me.

At 6:30 the doctors and nurses put some gel on Mum's cervix which was meant to soften it, and then a bit later when it was soft enough they broke her waters, which is the big indoor pool I've been swimming in for the past 38 weeks. I was a bit annoyed at that and started to wriggle around so they couldn't hear me properly.

I showed them! Drain my spa, will you? Unfortunately all the wriggling and contracting started really hurting Mum's tummy and they thought it would be a good idea to take a sample of my blood from the top of my head. The cheek of it! So I wriggled some more. Eventually they decided that Mum should have me by Caesarian section, which is a long couple of words that basically mean they cut a hole in Mum's tummy to get me out of. Poor Mummy!

So I finally came out at 3:52 a.m., whatever that means. Daddy saw me first because Mummy was asleep.

They gave her something to knock her unconscious and so she took a while to wake up. Daddy held me for a while and then a nurse came along and measured my head and weighed me. I weighed 6 pounds and 15 ounces, apparently, which I hear is pretty good.  Then they dressed me in some pink jammies! All those weeks of floating naked in a warm pool and now this! The injustice of it all. But I didn't complain, because I was with my Daddy. He fed me my first bottle of formula, which, on the face of it, wasn't bad. It certainly filled a hole. Then after that I went to see Mummy because she was awake.

All that was this morning. Dad went home and changed his clothes and then came back to see me later with Auntie Carolyn and big sister Amy.

Mum was feeling a lot better by then. Daddy gave me another bottle and changed my undies for me. I think I like these people. They certainly seem to like me a lot. But I guess that's normal, because after all...

I am pretty special!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff you are a wonderful man and Rosie and I are very lucky,we love you so much,xxxxxxx.